March 29, 2009

Color Podcast 1

My podcast is accessible by clicking here. If you access it via the link, know that it does not currently play automatically, so you'll need to either right-click (Windows) of CTRL-Click (Mac) to access the "play" menu. The main problem that I see is that is displays everything on the right and left of the pasteboard (so there's extraneous material that you wouldn't normally see in a Flash player) unless you resize your browser window so that it removes the excess pasteboard areas to the left and the right. Fortunately, however, my voice recording no longer sounds like I'm lisping or talking with a mouthful of marshmallows. I am still trying to figure out how to embed a flash player in my homepage and it seems as if my video is too large to embed directly here in this blog. 




1 comment:

  1. And so the limitations of Blogger strike yet again--you've hit on another reason why I'll probably be switching over to WordPress at the end of the semester...

    I really like your podcast, and can commiserate with you on the recorded voice hatred. I don't know how those radio people listen to themselves all the time. I sure couldn't. (Which is funny, because i've been accused of liking to hear myself talk too much... whatever.)

    Anywho--your podcast. Great subject. I enjoyed it a lot, and have no doubt your students will get a lot out of it as well. This was clear, used lots of motion, and followed its own instructions on color use &tc.
    The intro/outro music and graphic was fun/ky but still quite professional.

    As I listen to your podcast, I can't help but see Linus (from Peanuts) presenting this--you move at an excellent pace, not too fast (like I'm prone to be) and not so slow that you zone out in between statements. You also have very careful diction--this is very precise, and I think this is a good word to describe the entire podcast. Precise, and well-done because of it.

    Besides, as a regular reader of F. Scott Fitzgerald, I love talking about the use of color-symbolism. Good stuff!

    I like it--by the end, this seemed like a lot of material, but I also appreciated being invited in to further podcasts.

    Coolage.

    ReplyDelete